BELFOR Franchise Group executives explain how they’ve helped franchises meet and overcome new challenges
The COVID-19 pandemic has transformed our daily lives and changed the way small businesses, such as DUCTZ franchise owners, operate. Keeping employees and customers safe and healthy by means of social distancing, face masks and virtual-engagement tactics have become commonplace in the “new normal,” as Rusty Amarante, President, and Dan Tarantin, Chief Operating Officer, at BELFOR Franchise Group (BFG), recently told the Franchising USA editorial team.
The article, Navigating The ‘New Normal’: 4 Steps To Success For Franchises, lays out the steps BELFOR Franchising Group has taken to help franchises survive and thrive in the current environment, as well as be set up for success in the post-COVID era.
Keep a positive outlook, internally and externally
The DUCTZ team doubled down on efforts on how it could best support our DUCTZ franchise owners during unprecedented times, the two said, including these specific actions:
- Continually monitoring CDC communications and frequently communicating CDC guidelines to DUCTZ franchise owners
- Attending as many COVID-19 informational webinars as possible
- Educating and training franchisees on proper COVID-19 safety and cleaning procedures
- Securing PPE and developing a distribution network for franchisees
- Developing protocol and marketing materials for performing cleaning of high touch surfaces
- Ensuring franchisees understood that DUCTZ was deemed an “essential” business
- Developing an “Essential Services” letter to be carried on service vehicles and could be sent to local governments if necessary
- Staying up to date on CARES Act funding, including the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP)and other government activity as it related to COVID-19
- Encouraging franchisees to take advantage of PPP loans and assisted individuals as needed
Prepare for the weeks and months ahead
Those smart moves laid the groundwork for dealing with the pandemic as it unfolded. But what would business look like in the future? The DUCTZ leadership team was ready to support franchise owners, too. Examples on how they did this is as follows:
- A webinar, totled “Leading Your Business through Challenging Times,”was presented to all DUCTZ franchise owners
- Increased communications with the DUCTZ Franchise Advisory Council
- Increased communications with franchisees, including three to four weekly network announcements and increased frequency of direct communications
- Additional webinar communications
- Ongoing sharing of best practices with other brand executives
- Creating messaging pointing out that DUCTZ is well positioned as a result of the increased awareness of indoor air quality
- Virtual delivery of business training, meet-the-team days and the Annual Convention
- Ongoing delivery of virtual content, business training and content otherwise performed in person, virtually
- Deploying new marketing materials around messaging such as “We’re Open” and “We’re Ready to Help”
- Ongoing close alignment with industry associations, including sharing the National Air Duct Cleaners Association’s COVID-19 materials with all DUCTZ franchisees
DUCTZ is one of the most affordable opportunities in the booming home services industry. The total investment to begin operations for a new DUCTZ franchise ranges from $73,237 to $187,830. We have third-party relationships to help make franchising affordable. Even better, being part of the BELFOR Franchise Group comes with the advantage of making lenders feel more comfortable loaning money to a brand with a track record of success. We also proudly offer discounts for our military veterans.
Interested in becoming a DUCTZ franchise owner?
There’s a reason that Franchise Connect thinks so highly of our business model. For in-depth details about the DUCTZ franchise opportunity, download our Free Franchise Opportunity Report. You also can learn more by visiting our research pages.